Sunday, October 2, 2005

I-10 Reopens in Pascagoula, Mississippi

I-10
Steady flow returns to I-10 bridge

PASCAGOULA, Ms October 1 - Moving cones, moving signs and some say moving mountains to get traffic moving on I-10. Mississippi governor Haley Barbour is one of the first to cross the newly repaired bridge over the Pascagoula River.

Hurricane Katrina pushed a barge into the bridge, knocking out beams and making a 300 foot section unusable and unsafe. 6.5 million dollars was spent to get the bridge up and running in just 20 days. That amount includes a 1 million dollar incentive for getting the job done 10 days ahead of schedule.

Read story from SunHerald.

Watch video from WPMI.

Topics: , , , ,

Banner 10000036
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am interested in your blogs.

9:54 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home