Tuesday, December 27, 2005

2005: The Year of the iPod

iPod/iTunes

iPodCOMMENTARY
After looking at the increasing number of hits on my blog post, Fix iPod Screen Scratches, I'd have to venture a guess that a lot of folks received iPods as Christmas gifts. I'd also have to guess the same folks have already scratched up their new i-toys!

That's just too bad.

My iPod has been scratched more than a few times. Ironically it hardly ever strays from the relative safety of its Otterbox. In any case, the fix I linked to above has with a few wipes, easily and inexpensively removed all but the worst dings -- without Brasso, without a buffer, and without toothpaste.

Now, I want a new 60 gig video iPod but I am just waiting till the corresponding Otterbox is available in January before I buy. I'll move my old iPod into its new home attached to the sound system in my vehicle. I have read that navigation is a bit clunky with the hook up, but 30 gigs of music sure beats a six CD changer any day.

NEWSBYTE
Year of the iPod
(Stuff Magazine UK) The story 2005 was the year that digital music went properly mainstream, with download sales eclipsing CD singles and MP3 players becoming the year's must-have gadget following 2004's iPod-white Christmas. While rivals played catch-up, Apple stole the budget market with the Shuffle, offering a gigabyte of music for less than £100 and illustrating the awesome power of the Apple marketing machine: who'd have believed we could be convinced that the lack of an LCD display was a unique selling point?

TENSION: Scratched
GRAVITY: Everyone


Tags: , , , ,
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home