Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Back to September 10

OPINION

NYC PRE 9/11 COMMENTARY
Offered for your contemplation, a thought-provoking observation on the American status-quo by Daniel Pipes. This piece forces me to imagine U.S. foreign policy as a leaking sieve whose joint ownership is shared by the Dutch boy and the Dean. In my mind's eye, I see the persistent Dutch Boy running back and forth plugging each new leak drilled into the sieve by the equally persistent Dean.

NEWSLINE
"pre-9/11 political correctness has reasserted itself"

NEWSBYTE
Back to September 10
(New York Sun) The attacks of September 11, 2001, made me feel more secure, unlike most Americans. Finally, the country was focused on issues that had long worried me.

"The FBI is engaged in the largest operation in its history," I wrote in late 2001. "Armed marshals will again be flying on U.S. aircraft, and the immigration service has placed foreign students under increased scrutiny. I feel safer when Islamist organizations are exposed, illicit money channels closed down, and immigration regulations reviewed. The amassing of American forces near Iraq and Afghanistan cheers me. The newfound alarm is healthy, the sense of solidarity heartening, the resolve is encouraging."

TENSION: Politically correct
GRAVITY: Status quo


Tags: , , , , , , , ,
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home