Thursday, January 5, 2006

Letterman - O'Reilly: Slight Return

COMMENTARY
Folks have written much in the blogosphere about the 10-minute O’Reilly segment on the Late Show. People have taken sides and declared both Letterman and O’Reilly winners as if some sort of race or battle took place on-air.

Let me say this here and now, in my original post, Letterman - O'Reilly: Unofficial Transcript, Late Show 3 Jan. 2006, I never said anyone was a winner.

I made some observations about Letterman’s behavior and I made some general comments about political discourse.

I did not waste my time dissecting play-by-play those 10 minutes of foolishness.

In all fairness, I should have perhaps written something about O’Reilly‘s cocky behavior. Bill can be a pompous jackass most times. Surely, ever since Bill emerged from the Fox office sex scandal unscathed, his behavior has reached an all time high of pomposity. But then again, it was Letterman’s show. If O’Reilly acted toward a guest on his show the way Letterman treated O’Reilly, I’d probably have something to say about that too.

Finally, if you are going to quote me, or comment on my observations, please take a moment to actually read what I have written.

TENSION: Misquoted
GRAVITY: Apply liberally

Tags:
Global Tags: , , , , , ,
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home