Thursday, January 12, 2006

New Apple iTunes Raises Privacy Issues

TECHNOLOGY

COMMENTLINE
I have yet to download this latest version of iTunes. After having been burned around version 5, I usually play wait and see before I update. Not that it matters all that much; I don't buy downloads, I always rip from a CD.

Since I like albums over individual songs, I find ripping tracks cheaper. My rips produce noticeably higher quality tracks. Plus, if I don't barter the CD away, I have a good hard-copy, including a case and liner notes.

Enough about me, it's off to the story.

NEWSLINE
"If this was Microsoft or RealNetworks, people would be screaming and calling for heads to roll."

NEWSBYTE
Apple's iTunes raises privacy concerns
A new version of Apple Computer's popular iTunes software, released Tuesday, is drawing barbs from privacy advocates for sending information about computer users' playlists back to Apple.
(CNET) -- The new music software includes a "MiniStore" window, which provides recommended links to Apple's music download service when a listener actively clicks on a song in their personal playlist, including songs that haven't been purchased from the iTunes store. Read full story.

Tags: , , , ,
Global Tags: , , , ,
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home