Tuesday, February 28, 2006

30 Million Blogs

OPINION ON OPINION

BLOGGINGCOMMENTLINE
Technorati counts almost 30 million blogs. Whew, 30 million blogs. Who would have thought?

With so many bloggers out there, the question that comes to mind is not who is blogging or what they are blogging about. Rather, the question is why are they blogging?

In my case, the answer is simple. I started my blog because I wanted to get my writing and editing skills current after being turned down for jobs in my field recently.

Job interviews tripped me up because I hadn't written a thing since 2001 when I had been a tech writer during the dot-com boom. Back in those heady days, I pecked at a database of maybe 30,000 individual documents used to answer over 100,000 questions a week.

The years of whacking complex technical procedures down into simple noob-speak had taken their toll. I hung up my keyboard the day I parachuted off the balloon.

So, when I started this blog my goal was to create a boat-load of content just to say I had done it.

I have posted almost 800 pages to the blog since its inception in late August last year.

Now, I blog just because it's fun. (And I'm still poking around about a job.)

NEWSLINE
But there's a survey Web Watch would really like to see: Not how many people are blogging, or what kinds of people are blogging, but why they're blogging. And how that has changed, or will change, as the blogosphere matures.

NEWSBYTE
30 Million Blogs And Counting . . .
Sunday, February 26, 2006; (washingtonpost.com) -- There's been some recent chatter about whether we're entering the twilight of the blogs, even though it feels like we're only in the late morning. Noon, at the latest.

Tags: , , ,
Global Tags:
, , , , , , , ,
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

Blogger Wally Banners said...

lol great article!

4:45 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home