Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wire: 2nd US Soldier Doubts Obama's Eligibility

News in Balance

News in Balance:

WASHINGTON, Feb 26., 2009 -- Another U.S. soldier on active duty in Iraq is joining a challenge to President Obama's eligibility to be commander-in-chief, citing a media report on 1st Lt. Scott Easterling, who has agreed to be a plaintiff in a lawsuit over the issue, as his inspiration.

In a story posted Tuesday on the World Net Daily Web site, the soldier, identified only as a reservist now on active duty in Iraq said, "I was inspired by 1LT Easterling's story and am writing you to inform you that I would like to be added as a plaintiff against Obama as well if you feel it would help your case."
His letter was directed to California attorney Orly Taitz who, along with her DefendOurFreedom.us Foundation, is working on a series of legal cases seeking to uncover Obama's birth records and other documents that would reveal whether he meets the requirements of the U.S. Constitution.
According to WND, the second soldier wrote, "I am an Army reservist who was activated last August and am currently serving with a military police battalion in Camp Bucca, Iraq. I will be here until at least June 2009."
He continued, "When I enlisted last year I had to show my birth certificate, as well as my driver's license, high school diploma, college transcripts, social security card; I also filled out loads of paperwork to include listing the names, addresses and phone numbers of my family members and had to answer any questions regarding foreign travel.

"I think it is reasonable for Obama to prove his citizenship status thus certifying his eligibility. I too raised my right hand and swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States," he told Taitz. "I believe the case you are filing could very well determine if we are in fact a Constitutional Republic or a nation of mob rule. I would be honored to be a part of your efforts."
The soldier asked that he be given no "unnecessary publicity," although his name eventually would become public when a case is filed.

(Report from a commercial media source.)

Source

Related:
Military Times: US Troops Wary of Obama
Wire: US Army Officer Doubts Obama's Eligibility, Defies President's Orders

Tags: , , , , , , , ,
Global Tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home