US Military Meets, Exceeds Recruiting Goals for March 2009
News in Balance:
WASHINGTON, April 10, 2009 -- March was a recruiting success for all active-duty U.S. military services, which all met or exceeded their goals, according to a Defense Department news release issued today.
Recruiting. All services met or exceeded recruiting goals for March.
- Army – 6,548 accessions with a goal of 6,425; 102 percent
- Navy – 2,857 accessions with a goal of 2,857; 100 percent
- Marine Corps – 2,017 accessions with a goal of 1,411; 143 percent
- Air Force – 2,748 accessions with a goal of 2,745; 100 percent
Accessions. All six reserve components met or exceeded their accession goals for the month of March.
- Army National Guard – 6,255 accessions with a goal of 4,974; 126 percent
- Army Reserve – 4,771 accessions with a goal of 3,445; 138 percent
- Navy Reserve – 654 accessions with a goal of 654; 100 percent
- Marine Corps Reserve – 579 accessions with a goal of 566; 102 percent
- Air National Guard – 933 accessions with a goal of 840; 111 percent
- Air Force Reserve – 825 accessions with a goal of 825; 100 percent
(Report from a U.S. Defense Department news release.)
Tags: Open Thread, Wire, Headlines, DOD, Military, War, United States, U.S., News in Balance
Global Tags: Washington DC, News and Politics, News, Politics, Current Events, Current Affairs, Life, Culture, Buzz, Tension