Monday, August 10, 2009

Pentagon Identifies Marine Casualties (OEF)

News in Balance

News in Balance:

WASHINGTON, Aug. 10, 2009 -- The following news release made available Monday by the U.S. Department of Defense is the text of a statement identifying casualties:
The Department of Defense announced today the death of three Marines who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Dennis J. Burrow, 23, of Naples, Fla., died Aug. 7, 2009 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Lance Cpl. Javier Olvera, 20, of Palmdale, Calif. died Aug. 8, 2009 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Lance Cpl. Patrick W. Schimmel, 21, of Winfield, Mo., died Aug. 9, 2009 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, N.C.
(Report from a U.S. Defense Department news release.)

Tags: , , , , ,
Global Tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

Burrow was very good friends with my husband who is still over in that shithole country.

I still can't believe it. I really hope that this is the end to the blood shed and loss.

-Sarah

11:14 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disgusting, depressing, and makes me sick everytime I see a death list. My 2 best friends in the world are there and knew them like brothers. I didn't know about this until Brad called tonite for the first time since last month and I missed it and automatically it put a sick feeling in my stomach. God BLess our men fighting over there and my deepest, deepest sympathies to the brave, proud, and grieving families of these fine Marines. I am so sorry for your loss, I never knew them personally, but knowing one of them you become attached to all. It's nothing in comparison with the loss of your son, but Please remember you're in my prayers and people like myself, other MArines, and patriots can't put into words what all of your sacrifices mean to us. God Bless, Semper Fi.


-Andrew J. Gamble

4:27 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home