Pentagon Identifies 7 Army Casualties (OEF)
News in Balance:
WASHINGTON, Oct. 29, 2009 -- The following news release made available Thursday by the U.S. Department of Defense is the text of a statement identifying casualties:
The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of seven soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom. They died Oct. 27 in Arghandab Valley, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their vehicle with an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 17th Infantry Regiment, 5th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Fort Lewis, Wash.(Report from a U.S. Defense Department news release.)
- Staff Sgt. Luis M. Gonzalez, 27, of South Ozone Park, N.Y.
- Sgt. Fernando Delarosa, 24, of Alamo, Texas.
- Sgt. Dale R. Griffin, 29, of Terre Haute, Ind.
- Sgt. Issac B. Jackson, 27, of Plattsburg, Mo.
- Sgt. Patrick O. Williamson, 24, of Broussard, La.
- Spc. Jared D. Stanker, 22, of Evergreen Park, Ill.
- Pfc. Christopher I. Walz, 25, of Vancouver, Wash.