US Military Meets, Exceeds Recruiting Goals for October 2009
News in Balance:
WASHINGTON, Nov. 10, 2009 -- The U.S. Department of Defense announced today its recruiting and retention statistics for active and reserve components for October 2009.
Active Duty Recruiting for October 2009. All four services met or exceeded their recruiting goals.
- The Army had 6,914 accessions, making 101 percent of its 6,858 goal.
- The Navy had 2,926 accessions, making 100 percent of its 2,926 goal.
- The Marine Corps had 2,851 accessions, making 100 percent of its 2,843 goal.
- The Air Force had 2,198 accessions, making 100 percent of its 2,198 goal.
Reserve Forces Recruiting for October 2009. All six Reserve components met or exceeded their goals.
- The Army National Guard had 4,425 accessions, making 112 percent of its 3,947 goal and the Army Reserve had 3,348 accessions, making 125 percent of its 2,675 goal.
- The Navy Reserve had 671 accessions, making 100 percent of its 671 goal.
- The Marine Corps Reserve had 1,132 accessions, making 144 percent of its 787goal.
- The Air National Guard had 698 accessions, making 124 percent of its 562 goal, and the Air Force Reserve had 1,083 accessions, making 100 percent of its 1,083 goal.
(Report from a U.S. Defense Department news release.)